Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML3] missing @ruleCode? (railML3, @ruleCode)
Re: [railML3] missing @ruleCode? [message #2407 is a reply to message #2345] Wed, 25 March 2020 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dominik Looser is currently offline  Dominik Looser
Dear all,

As this is my first forum post, it seems to be common here to introduce myself first. I work for trafit solutions gmbh in Switzerland and together with Jernbanedirektoratet we are working on railOscope/NRV with a railML-interface.

I also propose to include the @rulecode attribute in railML3 as the information we store there in railML2.4 cannot be placed in any other attribute.
The rulecode does not refer to a particular aspect of a signal, but only implies which aspects that signal has. Therefore, putting the rulecode into the aspects would only make sense for boards, where each board can only show one aspect.

I could also imagine Christian's idea to work: using a "designator-like" format for the rulecode. Since rulecodes already have a format like "NOR:TJN:§9-28", this could easily be split into a "register"(or rulebook) and an "entry". Designators now are used to store unique object-specific identifiers, while for rulecodes we need something not unique.

I see three possibilities now:
- A new @rulecode attribute is introduced in a future railML3 version.
- A new "designator-like" element is introduced with attributes @rulebook and @entry. This could be called <typeDesignator>.
- We use the existing <designator> element for "type designators" as well. Using several designators is already supported.

Best regards,
Dominik

[Updated on: Wed, 25 March 2020 11:03]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message