Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML2] adding new element <area> for the mapping of track sections
Re: [railML2] adding new element <area> for the mapping of track sections [message #2735 is a reply to message #2681] Wed, 26 May 2021 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Thomas Langkamm is currently offline  Thomas Langkamm
I like the idea very much. We have a very similar problem: We have a customer where we get information about trackroutes via a software interface that gives us a "from" and "to" track section for each trackroute when it's set. These "named track sections" are essentially the fields that light up in the interlocking GUI if a train is inside, I think. They are identical to tvd sections in many cases, but not always: It's possible that several consecutive tvd sections are grouped to one named track section, and it's also possible that one tvd section is divided into several named named track sections (for example if several trains can enter there using permissive driving).

We need to match the data from the interface to our internal model to identify the track routes. Hence we need a way to model these track sections, and link them to track routes, or more correctly link track routes to track sections. (A track route has a start and end track section and optinally a sequence of further track sections for partial trackroute release).

As to the use of "border" points I agree with Torben: My understanding of border points was that they are used to introduce additional points where areas end, points that do not coincide with other infrastructure elements. As our track sections are in most cases bounded by existing railML structures (like axle counters), I think we should reference these existing structures and not introduce additional structures that would essentially be a redundant copy of an axle counter.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [railML2] Adding a new element <turningResistance> to <ocp>
Next Topic: [railML2] Adding a new element informationArea to ocp