Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML3.3] Signal combinations
Re: [railML3] Re: Signal combinations [message #3163 is a reply to message #3148] Fri, 10 November 2023 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jörg von Lingen is currently offline  Jörg von Lingen
Dear all,

in my presentation in Rome I unfortunately couldn't go into much details of the signal combinations. There are two items which needs your opinion. Basically it is possible in infrastructure to define several SignalIS which are then grouped together using the @belongsToParent attribute. When looking into the examples I did attach to my post of 23. August they show two situations:

1) signal_combinations01 shows a signal with additional indicators. Here I suggest to have only one SignalIS element representing the signal itself which is then referred to from interlocking part. Thus the SignalIndicators would not have an individual counterpart SignalIS.

2) signal_combinations02 shows three signals at one mast. Thus they could be defined as three different SignalIS grouped then together to one parent-SignalIS. In this situation the three SignalIL elements might refer to the parent-SignalIS as shown in the picture (signal_combination02a.png) or the might refer to each individual SignalIS (signal_combination02b.png). I suggest to do the latter one.

Please tell us your preferred way to model such signals.

Dr.-Ing. Jörg von Lingen - Interlocking scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Phone Coordinator: +49 351 87759 40; railML.org: +49 351 47582911
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railml.org

[Updated on: Fri, 10 November 2023 13:56]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message